Make an investment
1. Do invest in a good hair cut. Caring for your locks becomes so much easier when you are sporting a fabulous 'wash and wear' style.
2. Do wash your hair with the correct products. Dry hair requires a moisture-drenching shampoo, while oily hair benefits from frequent shampooing with a purifying, oil-regulating shampoo.
3. Do invest in a good quality clarifying shampoo. Although not designed for regular use, clarifying shampoos work to remove a build-up of product and chemicals. Experts recommend using this type of shampoo a few days before undertaking a color treatment.
4. Do brush your hair each morning. This will help remove dust, dirt and loose scales. It also stimulates the blood supply and distributes sebum along the hair shaft.
5. Don't use a brush on wet hair. Use a wide-toothed comb instead. Start at the ends, gently working your way up towards the roots.
6. Do brush your hair at night before going to bed. If your hair is long, tilt your head forward and brush from the base of the head forward.
7. Do allow your hair to dry naturally as often as possible. Use a highly absorbent towel to mop up excess moisture then finger dry.