Fewer things are more romantic than a countryside wedding. Sure, beach and city weddings have their allure, but there's something undeniably enchanting about a celebration set among greenery and wildflowers. Whether you're getting married in an open field or inside of a rustic barn, you'll want your wedding dress to match the free-spirited nature of a country landscape.
If you're a bride-to-be with a bohemian sensibility, you'll love country-themed wedding dresses featuring layers of cascading lace, delicate flutter sleeves, and off-the-shoulder necklines. For the bride whose aesthetic is more minimalist-meets-ethereal, pared-back dresses cut from light-weight fabrics, like cotton and linen, feel carefree and effortless. To complete any country wedding look, we highly recommend donning accessories that complement the surrounding nature–such as a floral trimmed veil, flower crown, or even a pair of your favorite boots.
From diaphanous gowns to simple lace silhouettes, keep scrolling for our edit of country wedding dresses for every style and budget.
1. Most Rustic: LoveShackFancy Eyelet-Embroidered Cotton Maxi Dress
No one does rustic chic quite like LoveShackFancy. This prairie-inspired style is the epitome of effortless and can easily be worn for your bridal shower, wedding, honeymoon, and beyond.
2. Best Bridal Separates: Free People Crochet Set
Crochet has made a comeback and it's cooler than ever. This two-piece set features bell sleeves and a high-waisted skirt, for a totally fun and 70s inspired look.
3. Best Cold Shoulder: Parlor Lace Bridal Gown
An off-the-shoulder dress is always a fitting choice for a rustic country wedding. Layers of cascading lace and elegant pin-thin straps make this gown particularly striking.
4. Most Fashion-Forward: Brock Collection Tiered Linen Cold-Shoulder Maxi Dress
Fashion-forward brides will love this endlessly romantic dress from Brock Collection, with its cascading bodice and ruffled shoulders. Pair with tonal sandals and gold jewelry.
5. Best Floral Gown: Willowby Flutter Sleeves Gown
A rustic wedding calls for dresses with ethereal silhouettes and nature-inspired details. We love this floral dress for a spring wedding and recommend accessorizing with a straw hat for a totally country-inspired look.
6. Best Back: Grace Loves Lace "Inca" Dress
Known for their ethereal and utterly romantic gowns, Grace Loves Lace offers up scores of stunning dresses for the boho bride. While it's hard to choose a favorite dress from the collection (they're all so good!), we love this style for its alluring open back and elegant sleeves.
7. Best Allover Lace: Alexis Lace Maxi Dress
We love this stunning lace maxi dress for the free-spirited bride who's throwing a summer wedding. Keep hair loose and wavy, with minimal accessories for an utterly romantic look.
8. Best Flutter Sleeves: Jenny by Jenny Yoo Flutter Sleeves Gown
There's no denying that flutter sleeves feel especially enchanting and playful for a country wedding. This gown by Jenny Yoo strikes the perfect balance of sweet and sexy.
9. Most Prairie Chic: Aje Tiered Cotton Maxi Shirt Dress
Totally ethereal and prairie chic, this voluminous dress has us dreaming of warm-weather soirees. Complete this diaphanous look with a simple wildflower bouquet.
10. Most Simple: Reformation Bow Shoulders Dress
Understated yet sexy, this cotton dress is for the boho bride who loves feminine details like bustier bodices and shoulder bows. Style this frock with your favorite pair of boots.
11. Best Budget: ASOS EDITION Lace Kimono Sleeve Wedding Dress
Featuring lace bell sleeves, this romantic (and budget-friendly!) gown is giving us serious 70s vibes. Perfect for channeling your inner Stevie Nicks on your wedding day.
12. For the Minimalist: Temperley London Off-the-Shoulder Gown
Pared-back and simple, this flowing dress is perfect for those with minimalist taste. Highlight the elegant off-the-shoulder neckline with shoulder-grazing earrings.
13. Best Shoulder Details: Grace Loves Lace "Poppy" Dress
This supremely feminine style from Grace Loves Lace was born to be worn to an outdoor wedding. Our favorite details are the unique rose lace and delicate shoulder straps.
14. Most Effortless: LoveShackFancy Donnie Dress
This LoveShackFancy gown is a must-have for your wedding day. Its plunging-V neckline adds an element of sultriness to this carefree look.
15. Most Laidback: Rococo Tired Dress
For a totally carefree look, you can't go wrong with this feminine dress featuring cascading tiers of breezy fabric. Plus, this dress can easily be worn again, especially if you're headed somewhere warm and beachy for your honeymoon.
16. Most Unexpected: Meadows Puff Sleeves Dress
Regency era meets rustic barn wedding, this dress is a playful choice for a countryside bride. Details like the gentle peplum bodice, puff sleeves, and delicate ruffles lend this dress a decidedly romantic aesthetic.
17. Most Modest: Melissa Sweet High-Neck Dress
Looking for a light-weight lace dress, that's modest and easy to dance in? Enter: This stunning high-neck gown by Melissa Sweet.
18. Best Midi: Zimmermann Brighton Lace Midi Dress
Shorter hemlines are a stylish and practical choice for a countryside wedding–especially if you're going to be walking on grass. If this midi dress isn't formal enough for you, we also love it for bridal showers and rehearsal dinners.
19. Best Blush Style: Melissa Sweet Banded Lace Point D'Esprit Plus Size Wedding Dress
We're loving this strapless ball gown, in a light blush hue, for a formal wedding in a rustic barn. Subtle sparkle gives this gown added glamour and sophistication.
20. Most Unique: Payal Jain Floral Dress
Echo the beauty and simplicity of nature, with this unfussy maxi dress adorning colorful floral embroidery. Perfect for a rustic wedding in the spring, this gown will complement any outdoor nuptials.
Throwing a countryside or rustic wedding? We've answered three common questions brides have when shopping for a country wedding dress.
* What style of wedding dress is appropriate for a country wedding? While all brides should wear whatever makes them feel the most beautiful, we particularly love ethereal gowns in allover lace and loose-fitting silhouettes.
* How should I style my country-themed wedding dress? Simple veils, flower crowns, and delicate personal jewelry are always a great choice. You could even experiment with a straw sun hat or boots if you're looking to make a bold statement.
* Are country-themed wedding dresses appropriate for a black-tie wedding? Of course! While some rustic-inspired wedding dresses are more suited for casual weddings, others look perfectly polished for a formal wedding.